XINYU CITY, China and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LDK Solar Co., Ltd. ("LDK Solar") (NYSE: LDK), a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products, today announced that it has reached an agreement with a Europe-based PV customer to terminate their long-term solar wafer supply agreement.
Under the terms of the agreement, originally signed in 2008, LDK Solar was to supply multicrystalline silicon wafers over a ten-year period. As part of the original agreement, the PV customer made an advanced payment representing a portion of the contract value to LDK Solar.
As part of the settlement, the parties mutually agreed to terminate the supply agreement, and that LDK Solar will receive approximately $37 million.
"We are pleased to reach a mutual agreement to terminate our 2008 wafer supply agreement with this customer," stated Xingxue Tong, President and CEO of LDK Solar. "We will continue to work closely with our customers and partners in the currently challenging environment for the PV industry."LDK Solar is assessing the extent of financial impact on its full year 2012 earnings of the termination and related contract termination charges.
About LDK Solar (NYSE: LDK) LDK Solar Co., Ltd. (NYSE: LDK) is a leading vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products. LDK Solar manufactures polysilicon, mono and multicrystalline ingots, wafers, cells, modules, systems, power projects and solutions. LDK Solar's headquarters and principal manufacturing facilities are located in Hi-Tech Industrial Park, Xinyu City, Jiangxi Province in the People's Republic of China. LDK Solar's office in the United States is located in Sunnyvale, California. For more information about LDK Solar and its products, please visit www.ldksolar.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV