- Net sales for the quarter were $5.6 million, a decrease of $2.8 million or 33% from the second quarter ended September 30, 2011. Sequentially, revenues were down 10% relative to the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
- Gross profit margin for Q2 2013 was 35.3% of sales compared to 42.7% for the same quarter of fiscal 2012. Price pressures in our high-speed optical receiver (HSOR) product line prior to cost reduction efforts and lower volumes affected the rate and gross margin dollars.
- Current quarter net loss was $1,287,000 or $0.04 per diluted share, as compared to a quarterly loss of $254,000, or $0.01 per diluted share for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- The Non-GAAP net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $942,000 or $0.03 per diluted share, as compared to a Non-GAAP net income of $155,000, or $.01 per diluted share, for the second quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA (which is defined as GAAP earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and stock compensation), was a negative $717,000 for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 as compared to positive adjusted EBITDA of $469,000 for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Advanced Photonix Reports FY2013 Second Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts