The Board of Directors of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: RNR) announced today a quarterly dividend of $0.27 per common share on its common stock.
The dividend is payable on December 28, 2012 to shareholders of record on December 14, 2012.
In addition, the Board of Directors approved an increase in RenaissanceRe's share repurchase program, bringing the total current authorization to $500 million. This authorization includes the remaining amounts available under prior authorizations. Under this program, RenaissanceRe may repurchase shares of its common stock in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions based on, among other things, its ongoing capital requirements and expected cash flows, and the market price of its common shares. The repurchase program does not have an established expiration date.
RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. is a global provider of reinsurance and
insurance. The Company’s business consists of three segments: (1)
Reinsurance, which includes catastrophe reinsurance, specialty
reinsurance and certain property catastrophe and specialty joint
ventures, (2) Lloyd’s, which includes reinsurance and insurance business
written through Syndicate 1458, and (3) Insurance, which principally
includes the Company’s Bermuda-based insurance operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV