The Board of Directors of RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: RNR) announced today a quarterly dividend of $0.27 per common share on its common stock.
The dividend is payable on December 28, 2012 to shareholders of record on December 14, 2012.
In addition, the Board of Directors approved an increase in RenaissanceRe's share repurchase program, bringing the total current authorization to $500 million. This authorization includes the remaining amounts available under prior authorizations. Under this program, RenaissanceRe may repurchase shares of its common stock in the open market or in privately negotiated transactions based on, among other things, its ongoing capital requirements and expected cash flows, and the market price of its common shares. The repurchase program does not have an established expiration date.
RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. is a global provider of reinsurance and
insurance. The Company’s business consists of three segments: (1)
Reinsurance, which includes catastrophe reinsurance, specialty
reinsurance and certain property catastrophe and specialty joint
ventures, (2) Lloyd’s, which includes reinsurance and insurance business
written through Syndicate 1458, and (3) Insurance, which principally
includes the Company’s Bermuda-based insurance operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV