Other stocks in the telecommunications industry:
American Tower has a B financial strength and is rated A- by TheStreet. Revenue is expected to be up 11.40% next year and earnings to increase by 18.28% annually for the next 5 years.
Crown Castle has a B financial strength and is rated B by TheStreet. Analysts project revenue to be up 6.50% next year and earnings to increase by 20.45% annually for the next 5 years
SBA Communications has a C++ financial strength and is rated C by TheStreet. Revenue is predicted to be up 25.10% next year and earnings to increase by 17.00% annually for the next five years.Conclusion: RIM is not a stock with great fundamentals, but the recent price momentum signals pessimism may have depressed the price more than warranted. It's hard to ignore a company with expected revenue of $11 billion. This is not an investment for conservative investors but traders willing to take a speculative position should benefit over the short run. There are over 95 million shares sold short at over seven days trading activity that will need to be covered if the upward price momentum persists. Play the moving averages and turtle channels to know when to get out: At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JimVanMeerten This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV