In observance of Veterans Day, volunteers from Human Affairs International of California (HAI), a subsidiary of Magellan Health Services Inc. (NASDAQ: MGLN), hosted a barbecue for veterans at the Veterans Village of San Diego (VVSD) on Monday. The event was an opportunity for HAI employees to get to know a number of local veterans, thank them for their service to our nation, and discuss ways the two groups could work together on future initiatives.
Employees from HAI of California, a subsidiary of Magellan Health Services, host a barbecue lunch for veterans at the Veterans Village of San Diego. (Photo: Magellan Health Services Inc.)
“At Veterans Village of San Diego, we provide services to hundreds of veterans in need each year including mental health, employment, chemical dependency, shelter and health care,” said Andre Simpson, executive vice president and chief operations officer at VVSD. "We always appreciate when community partners like Magellan and HAI reach out and offer their time and expertise to help our veterans, and we look forward to collaborating on future projects.”
HAI opened its San Diego office in January 2012 to manage behavioral health care services for Blue Shield of California’s 2 million members across the state. Magellan employs approximately 260 Californians throughout various sites in California, including those from HAI dedicated to the company’s strategic collaboration with Blue Shield of California. Seven of these employees are former service members who created a veterans committee in the San Diego office. This group’s role is to guide the office’s support for veterans who have joined HAI as employees, as well as to assist efforts in the community addressing the needs of veterans as they transition into the civilian work force.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV