Yet, Starbucks only receives a quiet roar's worth of accolades.
It should be big news that the company is using mobile to drive traffic and sales as well as cultivate loyalty. Major news. It's all so Jobsian.
Great premium products. Loyal customers. Ubiquity. Strong marketing. Unique retail experience. A fearless leader with a great -- and relatively small -- team harnessing technology (be it a software meets hardware ecosystem or the forefront of the mobile phenomenon) to drive retail traffic, engagement and repeat sales.
Few companies -- in or out tech -- do this and do it well.At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL. Follow @rocco_thestreet This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV