Professional Management Key To Quality Of Life In Illinois Communities
WASHINGTON, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new video produced by ICMA, the International City/County Management Association ( www.ICMA.org), highlights how professional local government managers contribute to the quality of life in the Illinois communities of Lake County and the villages of Glenview and Woodridge.
"A Lovely Place to Call Home" features elected and civic leaders reflecting on the value professional local government managers bring to their communities. They include:
- Eric Alwin, Building Commissioner, Village of Woodridge
- State Representative Jim Durkin, 82 nd District
- David Stolman, Chairman, Lake County Board
- James Duffy, Commissioner, Woodridge Park District
- Mike Adams, Executive Director, Woodridge Park District
- Susan McNeil-Marshall, Library Administrator, Woodridge Public Library
- Marvin Bembry, pharmaceuticals industry
- Michael Knight, Winchester House Advisory Board
- Bob Patton, President, Glenview Park District
- Kerry Cummings, President, Village of Glenview
- Larry Carlson, owner, Carlson Company
- Katy Rush, Village Administrator, Village of Woodridge
- Work together with elected officials to meet high standards, resulting in a high quality of life.
- Ensure that governments are well-run, transparent, and accessible.
- Create an inviting environment for businesses.
- Have the financial skills to manage community resources well, so they can maintain core services even during tough economic times.
- Ensure that all voices in the community are heard and taken into account in decision-making.
- Innovate and always look for ways to do things better.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts