Building on more than $2 million donated to World Wildlife Fund (WWF) by Coca-Cola and fans in its first year, Coca-Cola and WWF are teaming up again in the U.S. for Arctic Home, a joint effort to help protect the polar bear and conserve its Arctic habitat.
Since launching the campaign in October 2011, WWF has invested Coca-Cola’s Arctic Home donations in an ongoing project to engage local communities to help conserve and sustainably manage the high Arctic. Over the past year WWF has used donations to contribute to surveys of polar bears, assess population sizes and trends, and better understand important elements of the sea-ice ecosystems. Additionally, the money is being used to refine modeling processes to help predict future ice conditions, organize workshops with local communities and governments, and generate more support and awareness for conservation. Due to the success and inspiration generated last year, Coca-Cola will introduce Arctic Home in additional markets over the coming months.
“We understand creating a safe habitat for the beloved polar bear will take time, but Coca-Cola is committed to helping WWF, our longstanding partner, achieve this shared vision,” said Stuart Kronauge, senior vice president, Coca-Cola Trademark Marketing, Coca-Cola North America. “An icon for decades, the polar bear is near and dear to our hearts at Coca-Cola, so we’re encouraging people to join us again in the U.S. this holiday season to help further WWF’s progress in the Arctic.”
People can show their support by visiting ArcticHome.com to donate or texting “BEAR” to 357357. For a second year, Coca-Cola will match all donations made by February 15, 2013, up to $1 million. And this year it’s even easier to participate. There is a simplified text-to-donate platform, new ways to engage through popular social media channels, and updated information and stunning photography at ArcticHome.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV