Updated from 5:38 p.m. ET to include an updated share price for Cisco's stock in after-hours action and analyst commentary on the Fed minutes.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The bulls have been in control for the majority of 2012 but it's getting increasingly difficult to stay optimistic these days.
Especially after an ugly finish like the one witnessed on Wall Street Tuesday.
And right on time, the latest fund manager survey conducted by Bank of America/Merrill Lynch was a bit of mixed bag itself. The growth outlook jumped (a good thing) but there was also a warning signal to deal with as stocks tend to underperform bonds whenever the smart money embraces equities."While the fiscal cliff is viewed as by far the biggest tail risk, investor sentiment had clearly become more optimistic on growth & risk in recent weeks," B of A said of the poll's findings. "In the November FMS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV