When Collection Auto Group learned it could save more than it would spend to light its lots with new outdoor LED fixtures, the Ohio-based auto dealer struck a sweet deal with GE Lighting. As the proud new owner of GE’s energy-efficient ecomagination℠ Evolve™ LED Area Lights, Collection Auto Group’s five-year lighting expense will be discounted by nearly $400,000 as the result of using 660,000 fewer kilowatt hours (kWhs) while virtually eliminating upkeep for years to come.
Operating across Northeast Ohio, Collection Auto Group represents 21 brands including Mercedes-Benz, Maserati and Aston Martin. The company’s goal is to convert all of its 14 dealerships to new outdoor LED lighting in the next 12 months, starting with its flagship Mercedes-Benz location in North Olmsted.
Phase one of the project will see six existing dealerships fit with Evolve LED fixtures, as well as two new lots currently under construction. Going forward, GE’s outdoor LED lighting will be specified for all Collection Auto Group new construction.
“Lighting in a car dealership is extremely important for a few reasons,” says Bernie Moreno, president of Collection Auto Group. “Of course we have a lot of inventory, so we’ve got to make sure the vehicles are safely displayed outside. Secondly, dealerships use lighting to capture your attention as you're driving by. And third, the light must represent the color of the vehicle properly. A lot of lights out there can make a car’s color look wrong, and that really affects the customer experience in a very bad way.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV