In a recent report, S&P Capital IQ analyst Richard Tortoriello said "we expect the production ramp of the 787 to act as a catalyst" for the share price. Additionally, he said, "we view valuations, which are below historical averages, as attractive given our view of rising commercial aircraft production over the next three years."
Tortoriello estimates Boeing sales will increase 19% this year, driven by a 35% increase in the commercial aviation segment, driven by emerging economies in Asia and the Middle East as well as U.S. airlines' desire to replace aging aircraft.
In 2013, Tortoriello is expecting Boeing's revenue to increase 9% driven by 13% growth in the commercial aviation segment. He has a buy rating and an $88 price target, based on an enterprise value-to-EBITDA multiple of 8X his 2012 EBITDA estimate. Boeing's 20-year-historical average is 11.5X EBIDTA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV