AVX Corporation, a leading manufacturer of advanced passive components and interconnect solutions, has developed a new series of enhanced MLC capacitors specifically designed for general ESD protection. Available in standard 0603, 0805, and 1206 case sizes, the new ESD-Safe™ MLC Chips’ small footprint makes them ideal for high density electronic devices like automotive modules, which often use ESD caps on nearly every pin.
“The new ESD-Safe™ Series capacitors were made to withstand ESD strikes without failure, providing our automotive engineering partners with unparalleled performance,” said Ron Demcko, AVX Fellow.
ESD-Safe™ X7R Series capacitors are designed to protect general-purpose I/O gates from ESD damage during the connector to wiring harness mating operation. The AECQ200-qualified chips are available in 25, 50, and 100V, feature a +/-15% capacitance variation, and are rated for use in temperatures ranging from -55°C to 125°C. The series is also available with FLEXITERM® soft terminations, which allow for more than twice as much board flexure as standard terminations and protect the electrical integrity from external forces.
Lead time for the ESD-Safe™ MLC Chip series is 10 weeks.For more information, please visit www.avx.com, call 864-967-2150, or write to One AVX Boulevard, Fountain Inn, S.C. 29644. About AVX AVX Corporation is a leading international supplier of electronic passive components and interconnect solutions with 24 manufacturing and customer support facilities in 15 countries around the world. AVX offers a broad range of devices including capacitors, resistors, filters, timing and circuit protection devices and connectors. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:AVX).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV