Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE/Euronext Paris: PM) Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Louis Camilleri, addresses investors today at the Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference in New York.
The presentation and Q&A session are being webcast live at www.pmi.com, in a listen-only mode, beginning at approximately 12 Noon Eastern Time. An archived copy of the webcast, together with slides, will be available on the same site. The presentation includes the following key highlights:
- PMI reaffirms its 2012 reported diluted EPS guidance range of $5.12 to $5.18 versus $4.85 in 2011. Excluding an estimated unfavorable impact of currency for the full year of $0.23 per share and previously reported adjustments of a $0.05 tax charge and $0.02 for asset impairment and exit costs, this guidance implies a growth rate of approximately 11%-12% compared to adjusted diluted EPS of $4.88 in 2011;
- International industry volume forecast through 2015, excluding China, ranges from stable to a continued modest annual decline of up to 1.3%; PMI expects further growth in non-OECD markets, driven mainly by favorable demographics, to be offset by a continued long-term decline in OECD markets; including China, PMI expects the international cigarette market to be stable to increasing by up to 1.1% a year;
- PMI’s organic volume up by 0.7% September year-to-date driven by the Asia and EEMA Regions and growth from eight of PMI’s top ten brands; PMI expects to meet its mid to long-term annual organic volume growth target of 1% for the full-year 2012;
- PMI’s market share up by 0.4 points to 37.0% September year-to-date in PMI’s top 30 operating companies income markets;
- Pricing continues to be the key driver of PMI’s income growth despite current economic and regulatory challenges; on a year-to-date basis through September, PMI has achieved a pricing variance of $1.3 billion;
- PMI has completed an exploratory clinical study for the first of its three Next Generation Product (NGPs) platforms and plans to initiate a further eight in 2013; ground-breaking for PMI’s first NGP manufacturing facility in Europe planned to take place mid-2013; PMI plans a previously announced investment of €500-600 over three years to establish an initial annual NGP capacity of approximately 30 billion units; commercialization of NGPs planned for 2016-2017; and
- Since PMI’s spin-off in March 2008, the company has completed two share repurchase programs for a total of $25 billion and has increased its annual dividend by 84.8%; the latest dividend increase of 10.4% took place in September 2012 underscoring PMI’s confidence in the future.
The presentation, related discussion and this release contain statements that, to the extent they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Safe Harbor Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are based on current plans, estimates and expectations, and are not guarantees of future performance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts