- PMI reaffirms its 2012 reported diluted EPS guidance range of $5.12 to $5.18 versus $4.85 in 2011. Excluding an estimated unfavorable impact of currency for the full year of $0.23 per share and previously reported adjustments of a $0.05 tax charge and $0.02 for asset impairment and exit costs, this guidance implies a growth rate of approximately 11%-12% compared to adjusted diluted EPS of $4.88 in 2011;
- International industry volume forecast through 2015, excluding China, ranges from stable to a continued modest annual decline of up to 1.3%; PMI expects further growth in non-OECD markets, driven mainly by favorable demographics, to be offset by a continued long-term decline in OECD markets; including China, PMI expects the international cigarette market to be stable to increasing by up to 1.1% a year;
- PMI’s organic volume up by 0.7% September year-to-date driven by the Asia and EEMA Regions and growth from eight of PMI’s top ten brands; PMI expects to meet its mid to long-term annual organic volume growth target of 1% for the full-year 2012;
- PMI’s market share up by 0.4 points to 37.0% September year-to-date in PMI’s top 30 operating companies income markets;
- Pricing continues to be the key driver of PMI’s income growth despite current economic and regulatory challenges; on a year-to-date basis through September, PMI has achieved a pricing variance of $1.3 billion;
- PMI has completed an exploratory clinical study for the first of its three Next Generation Product (NGPs) platforms and plans to initiate a further eight in 2013; ground-breaking for PMI’s first NGP manufacturing facility in Europe planned to take place mid-2013; PMI plans a previously announced investment of €500-600 over three years to establish an initial annual NGP capacity of approximately 30 billion units; commercialization of NGPs planned for 2016-2017; and
- Since PMI’s spin-off in March 2008, the company has completed two share repurchase programs for a total of $25 billion and has increased its annual dividend by 84.8%; the latest dividend increase of 10.4% took place in September 2012 underscoring PMI’s confidence in the future.
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) Presents At Morgan Stanley Global Consumer & Retail Conference
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.