3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Lower
1. As of noon trading, Korea Electric Power ( KEP) is down $0.16 (-1.3%) to $12.14 on light volume Thus far, 109,320 shares of Korea Electric Power exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 623,500 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $12.09-$12.15 after having opened the day at $12.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.30. Korea Electric Power Corporation, an integrated electric utility company, engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Korea. The company generates power from nuclear, coal, oil, liquefied natural gas, hydro, wind, and solar sources. Korea Electric Power has a market cap of $15.7 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Korea Electric Power a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Korea Electric Power as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Korea Electric Power Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts