3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, Weatherford International ( WFT) is down $1.64 (-15.1%) to $9.24 on heavy volume Thus far, 29.0 million shares of Weatherford International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $9.21-$9.94 after having opened the day at $9.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.88. Weatherford International Ltd. provides equipment and services used in the drilling, evaluation, completion, production, and intervention of oil and natural gas wells worldwide. Weatherford International has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 26.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Weatherford International a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Weatherford International as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its robust revenue growth -- not just in the most recent periods but in previous quarters as well. At the same time, however, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Get the full Weatherford International Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts