3. As of noon trading, Visa ( V) is up $0.85 (0.6%) to $144.09 on light volume Thus far, 787,902 shares of Visa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $142.50-$144.79 after having opened the day at $142.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $143.24. Visa Inc., a payments technology company, engages in the operation of retail electronic payments network worldwide. It facilitates commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities. Visa has a market cap of $75.4 billion and is part of the diversified services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 45.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 41.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 23 analysts that rate Visa a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Visa as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Visa Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts