UCB Announces Data On CimziaÂ® (certolizumab Pegol) For Patients With Moderate To Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis At American College Of Rheumatology 2012 Congress
ATLANTA, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UCB, a global biopharmaceutical company focusing on immunology treatment and research, today announced findings from studies that evaluated the long-term outcomes, dosing, safety and impact on daily living of Cimzia ® (certolizumab pegol) for adults with moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The data were presented at the American College of Rheumatology's (ACR) 2012 Annual Scientific Meeting in Washington, D.C., November 10-14, 2012.
"Because RA is a chronic disease that requires ongoing management, it is important to evaluate anti-TNF therapy in the long-term clinical setting. Studying this can help us to better understand long-term outcomes for patients who wish to maintain their health-related quality of life and ability to participate in daily activities," said Dr. Roy Fleischmann, Clinical Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.
In the U.S., Cimzia ® is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderately-to-severely active RA. In the European Union, Cimzia ® in combination with methotrexate (MTX) is indicated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe active RA in adult patients inadequately responsive to disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) including MTX. Cimzia ® can be given as monotherapy in case of intolerance to MTX or when continued treatment with MTX is inappropriate.
An Analysis of Two Maintenance Dosing Regimens: The DOSEFLEX TrialPresentation Title: Certolizumab Pegol Plus Methotrexate is Similarly Effective in Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients With or Without Secondary Non-Response to TNF Inhibitors: Post-hoc Analysis of a Phase IIIB Trial
- Monday, November 12, 2012, from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Walter E. Washington Convention Center (WCC): Poster Hall (Hall B)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV