Nothing conjures up memories of past holidays like the smells of grandma’s house, mulled cider and fir trees, but what about wrapping paper or wet wool? This year, Febreze – P&G’s trusted brand known for eliminating odors and providing fresh scents in the home - set out to uncover the best and worst, smells of the holiday season. The brand launched their Febreze Sentimental Survey 1 and here are some of their findings:
- More than half of those surveyed (54%) said they like smells that remind them of the holidays, even if they are deemed “unpleasant.”
- Not surprisingly, 65% of respondents said that the scent of freshly baked goodies took them down memory lane, but interestingly 1 in 10 said that the smell of an attic or storage room also conjured up the sentimental holiday memories.
- Another unique scent that helped jog nostalgic memories included the smell of wrapping paper and tape, which 43% of Americans said reminds them of the holidays.
- Nearly 60% of women agreed that freshly fallen snow reminded them of the holiday season, but their least favorite scent? Wet wool.
“I think most everyone enjoys the holiday season because it is a moment in time that you are not only creating new memories, but also spend that time thinking back on our holidays past and what made them so special,” said Michelle Lohman, North America Communications Manager for Febreze. “There is nothing like the power of 'scent' when it comes to memories. For me, it’s the smell of a fire in the chimney at my family’s home, but whether it’s that or a pie baking in the oven, the power of scent allows us to journey back to those very special holiday traditions. That’s why Febreze is continually creating unique holiday scents that will bring consumers back to those cherished moments in time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV