- More than half of those surveyed (54%) said they like smells that remind them of the holidays, even if they are deemed “unpleasant.”
- Not surprisingly, 65% of respondents said that the scent of freshly baked goodies took them down memory lane, but interestingly 1 in 10 said that the smell of an attic or storage room also conjured up the sentimental holiday memories.
- Another unique scent that helped jog nostalgic memories included the smell of wrapping paper and tape, which 43% of Americans said reminds them of the holidays.
- Nearly 60% of women agreed that freshly fallen snow reminded them of the holiday season, but their least favorite scent? Wet wool.
Febreze Reveals Best And Worst Holiday Smells With Scentimental Survey
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.