In an effort to achieve higher power density, and to meet strict efficiency regulations and system up-time requirements, industrial and power electronic designers are challenged with constantly reducing power losses and improving reliability in their designs. However, improving these critical design capabilities in applications like renewable energy, industrial motor drives, high-density power supplies, automotive, and down-hole can complicate a design as well as drive overall system costs higher.
To help designers meet these challenges, Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high-performance power and mobile semiconductor solutions, extends its leadership position in innovative high-performance power transistor technology with the announcement of silicon carbide (SiC) technology solutions ideally suited for power conversion systems.
Fairchild’s SiC Solutions for Success
By introducing SiC-based offerings into its product mix, Fairchild reinforces its product leadership in innovative, high-performance power transistor technology.Fairchild’s SiC capabilities include:
- Optimized, semi-standard, and customized technical solutions that take advantage of its large portfolio of semiconductor devices and module packaging technologies
- Advanced technologies that simplify engineering challenges with functional integration and design support resources that minimize components while reducing engineering time
- Meeting the needs of device manufacturers and chipset suppliers by integrating leading device technologies into smaller advanced packages that offer size, cost and power advantages
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts