Low Price And Right Fit Will Drive More Jeans Into Our Wardrobes, Reports Mintel
While more than four in 10 (42%) jeans owners say they have difficulty finding a pair that fits them well, it's not surprising that 16% of consumers are willing to pay $100 or more for jeans with a great fit. However, 64% of shoppers say that price/discount is the most important factor when buying jeans and 71% think most jeans are overpriced.
"While many consumers already own several pairs of jeans, there are opportunities for them to purchase additional pairs, either for replacement or to have a greater variety in their wardrobes," adds Ali Lipson. "Retailers and manufacturers need to pay careful attention to price point and different styles and fits to accommodate the large consumer base for this category."
About MintelMintel is a leading global supplier of consumer, product and media intelligence. For 40 years, Mintel has provided insight into key worldwide trends, offering exclusive data and analysis that directly impacts client success. With offices in Chicago, New York, London, Sydney, Shanghai, Tokyo, and now India, Malaysia and Singapore, Mintel has forged a unique reputation as a world-renowned business brand. For more information on Mintel, please visit www.mintel.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV