Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses, today released the results of a survey question that was included in a post-election survey of people who voted in the 2012 election. The survey was conducted by Heart+Mind Strategies on November 6 and 7.
Paychex asked voters how much their vote was influenced by the role of small businesses when it comes to creating jobs and growing the economy. Of the 1,007 respondents, 63 percent said it significantly or somewhat influenced their decision and 37 percent said it had little or no influence on their decision.
“Paychex believes that a strong small business sector is the key to creating jobs and growing the economy, and it’s clear from response to this survey question that the majority of voters feel the same way,” said Martin Mucci, president and CEO of Paychex.
Following is the survey question submitted by Paychex and the full response:Over the course of the campaign, candidates often discussed their support of small businesses when it comes to creating jobs and growing the economy. How much did this issue influence who you voted for?
- Total Influenced Decision (NET) 63%
- Total Not Influenced Decision (NET) 37%
- It significantly influenced your decision 28%
- It somewhat influenced your decision 35%
- It had little influence on your decision 24%
- It had no influence on your decision 13%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV