Wine Meets Online: Kendall-Jackson Invites New Audiences To Join Wine Conversation
SANTA ROSA, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As facts go, we're used to extraordinary numbers in the tech world, yet certain realities continue to astonish: each day on the planet, more iPhones are sold than babies are born. Access to information is constantly at our fingertips, keeping us connected virtually at all times; but moments when we are face-to-face merit attention as well. Kendall-Jackson, a family-owned winery that handcrafts high-quality wines, is changing the way wine can be part of those everyday occasions with family and friends. Introducing " Goes Well With Friends ," your official permission to enjoy wine however, whenever and with whomever you choose. Instead of only pairing wine with food, Kendall-Jackson invites you to pair wine selections with your experiences and mood, such as a night out with friends, a quiet dinner for two or a family gathering.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58948-kendall-jackson-discover-k-j-recommends-wine-app
For those fatigued by the usual "sip & swirl" jargon, Kendall-Jackson showcases a new approach to the shared language of wine — one that considers visuals, occasions and senses to be as important as words. The winery has spent years researching, discussing and tasting to rethink winespeak; from this research comes the all-new K-J Recommends mobile wine app, a free app that pairs wine in an innovative way, through alternative cues, such as color and flavor, while also considering one's mood, interests and social situations. Through this social platform, Kendall-Jackson is bringing wine to a new audience."Wine is a social seal," said Caroline Shaw, Executive Vice President and Chief Communications & Marketing Officer for Kendall-Jackson. "It brings us together and is best enjoyed with those you care about. The K-J Recommends mobile wine app is all about encouraging wine fans to join the conversation, making wine approachable in an easy and fun way – all while learning something new." The first version of K-J Recommends combines three main features:
- Get Suggestions - Kendall-Jackson's team of experts, including the winery's winemaster, executive chef, a Jackson family member, and K-J's wine educator, will help you choose the best wine for any occasion with K-J's recommendation feature. You can also scan your Facebook profile to find the perfect wine that pairs with you, or connect with the K-J Facebook community for real reviews of K-J's wine portfolio.
- Visit K-J - Make your way to the winery! Join the K-J family at the Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate in Santa Rosa, CA or their Healdsburg, CA tasting room, and connect with K-J online through their social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Instagram.
- Food & Wine Pairings – Pair wine with your senses. Try K-J's revolutionary color pairing approach, which pairs wine based on garden-grown foods instead of the typical meal base: protein. Or, use your sense of taste and smell to choose your favorite flavors, and K-J will explain the wines that best showcase those characteristics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV