LexisNexis® Legal & Professional ( www.lexisnexis.com), a leading global provider of content and technology solutions, today announced the release of LexisNexis® Early Data Analyzer 1.2, an enhanced version of its electronic discovery software that includes new tools to help litigation professionals reduce costs by filtering irrelevant documents from the discovery process.
Launched in 2011, LexisNexis Early Data Analyzer enables litigation teams to quickly capture an entire document set, assess the contents and then eliminate irrelevant documents prior to the more costly e-discovery phases of processing and review. The new version released today features the ability for users to build their own “custom hash digest” – which is essentially a customizable file filter – in order to exclude items that are known to be system files, application files or other types of files irrelevant to the discovery process. This saves time and money by reducing the volume of data sent on for processing and review.
“The improvements we’ve made to Early Data Analyzer have not only enhanced the core functionality of the product to speed up early data assessment, but have also delivered new ways for our customers to interact with the software,” said Josh Rosenberg, senior director of LAW PreDiscovery™ at LexisNexis.
According to Rosenberg, LexisNexis Early Data Analyzer 1.2 introduces a new user tracking feature, which helps customers make their electronic discovery workflow more defensible by maintaining a log that shows every single action taken by each authorized user of the software. This makes it easy for litigation support managers or litigators to call up a comprehensive report that itemizes exactly what was done with a specific file, which user took the action and when it was taken.Other key enhancements to the new version include the following:
- More flexibility – users can now exclude individual files from within a zip archive when exporting files from Early Data Analyzer, which provides greater flexibility in the way that documents are produced.
- Multi-tasking – the search process is no longer tied to the user interface, which enables users to conduct searches while performing other tasks with the software at the same time.
- OCR improvements – enhanced functionality of the OCR tool inside Early Data Analyzer delivers improved support for a wider range of PDF files.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV