BOSTON, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Funds took home a total of eight awards, including two of the top awards for Overall Communications, at the recent STAR Awards event presented by the Mutual Fund Education Alliance (MFEA) in Chicago. Now in its 16th year, MFEA's STAR awards are presented annually in recognition of mutual fund companies that excel in education, marketing, and communications for shareholders, advisors, plan participants, and the investing public.
"We're proud to be so honored by our peers who comprise the judges' panel at MFEA, especially for our achievements in communications," said Andrew G. Arnott, President & CEO, John Hancock Funds. "At John Hancock, we are committed to continue expanding our suite of best in class materials, website and tools to help financial advisors communicate more effectively with their clients, and to help those clients develop a deeper grasp of investing and product choices available to them." He added: "Congratulations to the entire Marketing team as well as the Sales, Compliance, Product and IT contributors who all had a hand in developing our award-winning content."
John Hancock Funds won in the top categories of Overall Communications (Retail) and Overall Communications (Advisor), in both cases recognizing the fund firm with the best overall communications effort across all mediums. Regarding the Retail Communications Award, the Judges comments included: "All of Hancock's entries provide a consistent brand through an effective design and effective communication style. A very nice overall communications brand with proven success." Commenting on the Advisor Communications Award, Judges said: "John Hancock presentation and design is straight forward, delivering a consistent tone and branding approach. They continually achieve their marketing goals and provide appropriate tools for the Advisor. Outstanding job."
John Hancock also won six awards in individual categories. They are:
- Annual Report, awarded for the John Hancock Disciplined Value Mid Cap Fund (JVMAX). Judges comments: "Great job. Hancock made an SEC document look customized for the end investor. Definitely shareholder friendly."
- Shareholder Magazine Communication, awarded for "Admission" Magazine, which supports John Hancock's 529 College Savings business. Judges comments: "Educational and informative executed in a very engaging manner. Very well thought out. Excellent."
- Retail Website, awarded to www.jhfunds.com. Judges comments: "This site has a very impressive Asset Allocation module and interactive charts. It also offers current market indices. And everything looks great and is easy to navigate. A very nice website."
- Advisor Communication Campaign, awarded to the Alternative Investments Campaign. Judges comments: "From the white paper to the presentation to the webpage and on-line ads, this was a great campaign."
- Advisor Electronic Newsletter, awarded for "IO Connect." Judges comments: "This not only included excellent information/education but actionable advice. And it looks good, too. Very nice."
- Advisor Website, awarded for https://adviser.jhfunds.com. Judges comments: "A very impressive website. All the tools an adviser could need are effectively laid out in a very user friendly setting and elegant design. A fantastic resource."