Cigna (NYSE:CI) executive Julie Vayer has won a Bronze Stevie® Award for Women in Business. The award recognized Vayer as a Female Executive of the Year in the category for business service companies with more than 2,500 employees.
Vayer is the chief operating officer of Cigna's Total Health & Network organization, which comprises more than 5,000 employees. She is responsible for Cigna's health management and network contracting and service activities, with direct profit and loss responsibility for the company’s dental, behavioral, and vielife product lines. She also leads the company’s strategic initiative to enhance the experience that health care professionals have with Cigna - an initiative that affects more than one million contracted physicians, hospitals, clinics, facilities, dentists and other health care professionals.
Under Vayer’s leadership, Cigna's dental preferred provider organization (PPO) jumped from a sixth-place ranking to first place based on the number of participating dentists, while the increasing number of individuals with Cigna dental coverage makes it the fastest growing in the industry. The company’s behavioral PPO grew 30 percent over the past three years and the company developed specialty networks to address the needs of customers with autism, eating disorders and substance abuse. A recent national survey of hospital executives ranked Cigna first for overall favorability, and also rated Cigna “best payer to deal with” for the second year in a row.
“Julie is an outstanding leader with a solid record of success. She has the ability to motivate and inspire, and she excels at building relationships,” said Alan M. Muney, M.D., Cigna's chief medical officer and senior vice president for total health and network. “Julie sets a brilliant example for talented women who aim to succeed and I’m delighted that the Stevie Awards for Women in Business have recognized her many achievements.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV