American Express Company (NYSE: AXP) announced today the commencement of two separate private offers to exchange (i) any and all of its outstanding 8.125% Senior Notes due 2019 for its new Senior Notes due December 2, 2022 and cash and (ii) any and all of its outstanding 8.150% Senior Notes due 2038 for its new Senior Notes due December 3, 2042 and cash.
Each exchange offer is being conducted by American Express Company upon the terms and subject to the conditions set forth in a confidential offering circular, dated November 13, 2012, and related letter of transmittal. The exchange offers are only extended, and copies of the offering documents will only be made available, to holders of old notes that have certified their status as (1) a “Qualified Institutional Buyer” as defined in Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended or (2)(A) a person other than a “U.S. person” as defined in Rule 902 under the Securities Act and (B) if resident and/or located in any Member State of the European Economic Area that has implemented provisions of the Directive 2003/71/EC (as amended, including pursuant to Directive 2010/73/EU, the “Prospectus Directive”), a qualified investor as defined in Article 2.1(e) of the Prospectus Directive (each, an “Eligible Holder”).
The following table sets forth the old notes that are subject to the exchange offers:
|CUSIP Number||Title of Security||Principal Amount Outstanding|
|025816BB4||8.125% Senior Notes due 2019||$1,750,000,000|
|025816AZ2||8.150% Senior Notes due 2038||$1,000,000,000|
Each exchange offer is subject to the condition that a minimum of $500 million aggregate principal amount of new notes of the relevant series be issued in exchange for old notes of the relevant series, as well as certain other conditions as described in the confidential offering circular.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV