- On average, 36 percent prefer to shop in a physical store, while 19 percent prefer to shop online.
- Among those likely to purchase luxury food and drink, half (50 percent) prefer shopping at specialty grocery stores and 40 percent like shopping at mass retailers, while only 19 percent prefer to shop at online-only retailers.
- The top reason for shopping in physical stores is to see all the choices in person (38 percent). Nearly a third (30 percent) of shoppers in this category prefer online retailers to get the best price and one-quarter (25 percent) value the convenience of online shopping.
- For those who are likely to make a luxury apparel purchase, more than half (58 percent) picked department stores as their top choice, compared to only 29 percent who prefer a department store’s website and 36 percent who prefer online-only retailers.
- The top reason given for choosing the physical store is the ability to touch and feel the products, selected by 49 percent, whereas online retailers are preferred for finding the best deal (37 percent).
- Physical stores beat online shopping two-to-one for luxury personal care products (including hair care, skin care and makeup): 44 percent of shoppers in this category prefer drug stores and 40 percent prefer department stores, compared with 22 percent who prefer online-only retailers.
Accenture Study Finds Half Of U.S. Consumers Intend To Purchase Luxury Products In Next Six Months; Small Luxuries Entice Shoppers To Splurge
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.