Not surprisingly, Facebook sits at top of the worst performers list for the past six months. Excluding companies with market capitalizations below $100 million, the next worst performer is Dubai based specialty rice company Amira Natural Foods (ANFI), which was founded in 1915, and later became India's largest privately held rice company. Amira shares are down 23.5% since debuting last month at $10. This one is interesting on the surface, but I need to do some more digging.
Shares of packaging name Berry Plastics Group (BERY), which also went public last month, are down 13% since their debut. Berry is a $1.5 billion market cap company, with a considerable amount of debt; more than $4 billion. A laundry list of firms, including BofA/Merrill, Goldman, Citigroup, and Deutsche Bank initiated coverage of Berry this morning with buy ratings; but that debt load is a bit too hefty for me.
Stay tuned.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @JonMHellerCFA This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV