HOPKINTON, Mass., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced that Williams & Fudge, an accounts receivable management firm serving 1,200 colleges, universities and financial institutions, selected EMC ® VNX® unified storage and EMC RecoverPoint™ to transform its business operations and accelerate server and desktop virtualization. With EMC and VMware ® virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies, the company has achieved business expansion, improved availability of mission-critical applications including Microsoft SharePoint, SQL Server and VMware Zimbra email; and significantly lowered hardware and support costs while delivering new services to its internal clients.
- Improved Performance—More than 250 users are able to launch their virtual desktops 90% faster for PCs since Williams & Fudge implemented EMC VNX with a FLASH 1 st automated tiering strategy.
- Instantaneous Response – Since implementing VNX, Williams & Fudge has achieved instantaneous response times for Microsoft SharePoint indexing and search functions while maintaining high performance.
- Comprehensive Data Protection—Using EMC RecoverPoint and VMware, Williams & Fudge can migrate virtual machines (VMs) to a disaster recovery site 200 miles away in just 30 minutes, and has achieved 100% availability for its critical applications.
- Increased Efficiency—Williams & Fudge has substantially reduced potential hardware costs and supporting a 200-employee headcount increase—all without additional IT staff.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Williams & Fudge's business was expanding as demand increased for assistance with collecting receivables on college loans and other debt from higher-education and financial institutions. The firm's previous physical IT infrastructure lacked sufficient scalability to handle the company's growth. It also required significant management resources, which was a drain on Williams & Fudge's lean IT staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV