HOPKINTON, Mass., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The EMC Isilon OneFS 7.0 scale-out NAS operating system is generally available worldwide this week.
- Customers and partners that participated in product testing for the EMC Isilon OneFS 7.0 operating system (codenamed "Mavericks") are praising its scalability, performance and ease of management for environments experiencing rapid growth of unstructured, file-based data.
- By combining the unmatched scalability and efficiency of EMC Isilon storage systems with enhanced data protection, security, interoperability and performance, OneFS 7.0 extends Isilon's applicability to a broader range of enterprise applications and infrastructure environments.
EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) today announced the availability of OneFS ® 7.0, the next-generation EMC ® Isilon ® industry-leading scale-out NAS operating system. OneFS 7.0 drives new levels of scalability, performance, ease of management and security for the innovative EMC Isilon storage portfolio. Codenamed "Mavericks" and first unveiled at EMC World earlier this year, OneFS 7.0 enables enterprises to manage rapidly growing, unstructured file-based data more effectively, lowering OPEX and empowering customers to take full advantage of the significant opportunities presented by Big Data.Testing of EMC's anticipated OneFS 7.0 returned overwhelmingly positive feedback from customers and partners alike, measuring significant gains for enterprise workloads. Users can benefit from a 25% increase in single file system throughput, which significantly improves performance for large-scale enterprise applications; added caching capabilities designed to reduce latency by 50% for I/O-intensive applications; heightened security for enterprise compliance; and tighter integration with VMware designed to leverage VMware's VAAI and VASA APIs to accelerate and simplify scale-out NAS for virtualization. Additional security features include compliance with SEC 17a-4 requirements for tamper-proof data protection, roles-based administration for separate storage and file system access to prevent unauthorized change to files and the creation of secure, isolated storage pools with authentication zones.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV