Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Vimeo opened the preview phase of its upcoming pay-to-view service with the release of six movies. This slate of films—handpicked by the Vimeo staff— illustrates Vimeo's flexible suite of features for creators to sell their films directly to their audiences worldwide with control over pricing, viewing periods, release geography and bonus content features.
Viewers that buy access to pay-to-view movies will find them automatically downloaded to their "Watch Later" list so they can access the films immediately on any device — including smart phones, tablets, popular connected TVs with Vimeo's apps and many others.
The movies cover a range of topics, from Javier Bardem's passion project Sons of the Clouds addressing human rights in the Western Sahara, to an exploration of the trials and tribulations of the creative process through the eyes of artist Wayne White in Beauty is Embarrassing. In addition to empowering both established and emerging creators, Vimeo's pay-to-view service promises to bring even more unique, quality content to Vimeo's 85 million monthly viewers.
"Our goal is to provide an open and flexible platform that allows all creators and content owners to earn revenue directly from their audiences," said Vimeo CEO, Kerry Trainor. "We're really excited to offer this selection of high quality movies in our preview, and we look forward to working with creators worldwide whose stories have a clear home on Vimeo."
The pay-to-view service is one of two different monetization options that Vimeo announced for video creators in September. Tip Jar, available now, empowers video creators to crowdsource revenue directly from their viewers for completed works. Vimeo will release the open pay-to-view service to all Vimeo PRO members in early 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV