Expedia Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (EXPE)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 20.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 835.47% to $53.31 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, EXPEDIA INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.81%.
- The gross profit margin for EXPEDIA INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.30%. Regardless of EXPE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EXPE's net profit margin of 14.30% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EXPEDIA INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts