The movement in foreign currency exchange rates had a neutral impact on consolidated net sales growth in the third quarter of Fiscal 2013 versus the prior year’s third quarter. For the first nine months of Fiscal 2013, the movement of foreign currency exchange rates had a one percentage point negative impact on consolidated net sales growth. The impact of foreign currency exchange rates on earnings per share is discussed below under “Items Impacting Comparability.”
A table detailing the impact of foreign currency on TJX pretax earnings and margins, as well as those of its international businesses, can be found in the Investor Information section of the Company’s website, www.tjx.com.
Items Impacting Comparability
For the third quarter of Fiscal 2013 foreign currency exchange rates had a neutral impact on earnings per share, compared with a $.01 per share positive impact last year.For the first nine months of Fiscal 2013, comparability to the prior year was impacted by the A.J. Wright consolidation in Fiscal 2012, detailed in the table below:
|First Nine Months|
|Impact of A.J. Wright Store Closings||
|Store Conversion/Grand Re-Openings Costs||
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV