Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.
Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the November 2012 TOP500 list include:
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect on the list, connecting 224 systems, nearly 20 percent more than the 189 Ethernet connected systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, up to 96 percent system utilization.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the TOP500: 52 percent of the TOP100, 53 percent of the TOP200, 50 percent of the TOP300, 46 percent of the TOP400 and 45 percent of the TOP500.
- FDR InfiniBand is the fastest growing interconnect technology on the TOP500 with a 2.3X increase in number of systems versus the June 2012 TOP500 list.
- InfiniBand connects 43 percent of the world’s most powerful Petaflop systems on the list.
- InfiniBand connects 7.5X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP500 systems and 3X the number of Cray-based systems in the TOP100 systems.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 82 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end InfiniBand scalable HPC solutions accelerate 86 percent of the accelerator-based systems.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect solutions present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial, technical computing and enterprise data centers.
- Learn more about Mellanox InfiniBand Switches and Adapter Cards
- Learn more about Mellanox Switch Management and Storage Fabric Software
- Learn more about Mellanox Copper and Fiber Cables
- Follow Mellanox on Twitter and Facebook
About MellanoxMellanox Technologies is a leading supplier of end-to-end InfiniBand and Ethernet interconnect solutions and services for servers and storage. Mellanox interconnect solutions increase data center efficiency by providing the highest throughput and lowest latency, delivering data faster to applications and unlocking system performance capability. Mellanox offers a choice of fast interconnect products: adapters, switches, software and silicon that accelerate application runtime and maximize business results for a wide range of markets including high performance computing, enterprise data centers, Web 2.0, cloud, storage and financial services. More information is available at www.mellanox.com. Mellanox, BridgeX, ConnectX, CORE-Direct, InfiniBridge, InfiniHost, InfiniScale, PhyX, SwitchX, Virtual Protocol Interconnect and Voltaire are registered trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. Connect-IB, FabricIT, MetroX, MLNX-OS, ScalableHPC, Unbreakable-Link, UFM and Unified Fabric Manager are trademarks of Mellanox Technologies, Ltd. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.