Smart people fall for scams every day. It’s one of the reasons why Western Union commits significant resources to fighting fraud and helping consumers protect themselves from falling victim.
As part of this effort, the company has launched a new online Consumer Protection Center to increase awareness and educate consumers about fraud. The website now provides consumers with more and better resources to help them understand fraud, identify the tricks scammers use to get people to send money, and avoid falling victim.
- New interactive and engaging content, including a Fraud Quiz that people can take to test their knowledge of fraud;
- More informative and educational content, including information about fraud types and money transfer “never-evers,” which are gentle reminders of things people should never do when sending money using a transfer service;
- Easy ways for people to follow our alerts and updates to stay informed; and
- Graphics and images to make the content easier to read, take in, and share.
“We’re excited to unveil our new website—consumers will find lots of useful and relevant information on it that they can use to help protect themselves and their friends and family from fraud,” said Shelley Bernhardt, Director of Consumer Protection at Western Union. “One of the coolest new features is an interactive Fraud Quiz. It’s fun and engaging but it’s also challenging. After all, scammers are sophisticated and sneaky and we want people to be vigilant about protecting themselves and their money.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV