TSX, NYSE MKT: BXE
CALGARY, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. ("Bellatrix" or the "Company") (TSX: BXE) is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement to acquire additional highly prospective Cardium and Notikewin/ Falher lands and production in the Willesden Green area of Alberta.
The assets to be acquired complement and are adjacent to Bellatrix's core area in the Ferrier/Willesden Green Cardium light oil resource play in West Central Alberta. With this acquisition, Bellatrix will be able to expand its land position in the highly prospective Cardium fairway in a cost effective manner while providing Bellatrix with the opportunity to apply its industry leading development techniques to these adjacent lands.
Key attributes of the of the Willesden Green assets to be acquired:
- Current production capability of approximately 500 boe/d (32% oil and liquids and 68% natural gas).
- 16 gross (11.95 net) sections of Cardium and Mannville prospective lands in the Ferrier/Willesden Green Cardium resource play.
- 25 net Cardium development locations increasing Bellatrix's ready to drill inventory to approximately 669 net locations.
- 4 net Notikewin/ Falher development locations increasing Bellatrix's drill ready inventory to approximately 358 net locations
- 25% working interest in an operated compressor station and gathering system.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts