IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX), a leading provider of information, analytics and business services, today released its November MarketPulse report. The monthly publication provides insight into the health of the U.S. economy with emphasis on housing and mortgage metrics. CoreLogic Chief Economist Mark Fleming and Principal Economist Sam Khater, along with colleagues from the CoreLogic Office of the Chief Economist, authored the articles.
Key findings in the November MarketPulse report include:
- While the housing market is now a significant contributing factor to economic growth, it will take much more time before the housing market sees a full recovery. Short- to medium-term factors driving this recovery are fueled by an investor-based demand for rental properties, combined with rising home prices and a decline in the number of under-equitied households. A full housing recovery will be driven by a healthier economy, fundamental gains in income growth and consumption, and an ongoing increase in home prices.
- The single-family rental market remained very active this past summer, with increases in demand, tightening inventory and rising rents.
- Nationally, rental leasing volumes were up sequentially every month during the last two years. Over this same time period, an average of 42,000 rentals was added to the stock of rental homes each month. This is more than twice the average flow that the U.S. was experiencing prior to the housing recession.
For a full copy of the November CoreLogic MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visit http://www.corelogic.com/downloadable-docs/MarketPulse_2012-November.pdfAbout CoreLogic CoreLogic (NYSE: CLGX) is a leading residential property information, analytics and services provider in the United States and Australia. Our combined data from public, contributory and proprietary sources spans over 700 million records across 40 years including detailed property records, consumer credit, tenancy, hazard risk and location information. The markets CoreLogic serves include real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, transportation and government. We deliver value to our clients through unique data, analytics, workflow technology, advisory and managed services. Our clients rely on us to help identify and manage growth opportunities, improve performance and mitigate risk. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., CoreLogic operates in seven countries. For more information, please visit www.corelogic.com. CORELOGIC and the stylized CoreLogic logo are registered trademarks owned by CoreLogic, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. No trademark of CoreLogic shall be used without the express written consent of CoreLogic. SOURCE CoreLogic
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts