LONGMONT, Colo., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sopris Learning, a provider of research-based assessments, supplemental and intervention materials, positive behavior supports, and professional development offerings, is pleased to announce the release of the Step Up to Writing ® Implementation Guide for grades K–5. This all-new Implementation Guide, by Maureen Auman, provides a scope and sequence for teaching informative/explanatory, narrative, and opinion writing and an assessment plan to monitor students' progress.
With the application of the Common Core State Standards under way, this new Step Up to Writing Implementation Guide provides the "how-to" for teaching writing and meeting the specifications of CCSS to build college- and career-ready students.
" The Step Up to Writing Implementation Guide is a valuable resource for teachers implementing Step Up to Writing strategies," says Stephanie Hensley, assistant professor and field director in the Teacher Education Department at Adams State University, Alamosa, Colorado. "It provides a framework of units and lessons specific to informative/explanatory, opinion, and narrative writing genres that are aligned to the Common Core State Standards."
This all-new Implementation Guide includes:
- Informative/explanatory, narrative, and opinion writing scope and sequence to help teachers easily design a lesson plan that incorporates these types of writing in any subject area
- Adaptable lesson plans following the program scope and sequence for grades K–5, so that teachers can successfully teach the three forms of writing specified in the Common Core State Standards within a school year
- Guidelines for aligning Step Up to Writing strategies with 6+1 Trait® Writing and Writer's Workshop
- An assessment plan, including progress monitoring to ensure that students are given the instruction they need at every grade level and skill level
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV