SALT LAKE CITY, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Booth A78 - Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) will exhibit flat panel detectors and X-ray tubes optimized for digital radiography at MEDICA in Dusseldorf, Germany from Nov 14 – 17. In addition the company will also demonstrate i5DR hardware and software for processing diagnostic X-ray images.
The digital X-ray imaging products to be highlighted are:
- PaxScan ® 4336X - featuring Varian's proprietary, state-of-the-art 6 th generation architecture, improved low dose imaging and 16-bit data acquisition. The X platform is optimized for dose efficiency and very low electronic noise. The new design features optional handles, a built-in shock sensor and extensive on-panel diagnostics.
- The MCS 8064 X-ray tube – an anode end grounded (AEG) CT replacement X-ray tube for the GE LightSpeed VCT ® scanner offering lower life cycle costs.
- i5DR digital radiography imaging system – designed for installation into new or existing radiographic rooms or mobile X-ray systems. i5DR has built in flexibility with advanced imaging algorithms to support multiple flat panel detectors.
"We are committed to providing our European customer base with quality products and 'on demand' service" said Stephen Kimmel, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Varian X-Ray Products. "From stocking locations around the world we are able to offer regional product and support services, which in turn help increase our customer's competitiveness in the marketplace."
Varian's European Sales & Service CenterVarian Medical Systems has a dedicated, bonded facility at its Dusseldorf ( Germany) service center where X-ray tubes and imaging products are carried in inventory for rapid shipment. This facility reloads, rebuilds and distributes medical X-ray tubes for immediate delivery throughout the European region. It also provides evaluation, repair and replacement tubes. "By having inventory in Europe as well as a responsive technical and marketing team, we can make our products more cost effective and readily accessible to the European Union," added Kimmel. LightSpeed VCT ® is a registered trademark of General Electric Company About Varian Medical Systems Varian Medical Systems, Inc., of Palo Alto, California, is the world's leading manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, and brachytherapy. The company supplies informatics software for managing comprehensive cancer clinics, radiotherapy centers and medical oncology practices. Varian is a premier supplier of tubes, digital detectors, and image processing workstations for X-ray imaging in medical, scientific, and industrial applications and also supplies high-energy X-ray devices for cargo screening and non-destructive testing applications. Varian Medical Systems employs approximately 6,100 people who are located at manufacturing sites in North America, Europe, and China and approximately 70 sales and support offices around the world. For more information, visit http://www.varian.com or follow us on Twitter. FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Elaine Rebele, Varian Medical Systems801-978-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Varian Medical Systems
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts