Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today introduced new rugged enterprise mobile computing solutions that help warehouse and distribution center workers automate and streamline processes, better manage risk, and provide their businesses the flexibility required to respond to changing customer demands. The recent acquisition of Psion PLC and its ruggedized handheld products and vehicle-mount terminals will further strengthen Motorola’s enterprise mobile computing portfolio with solutions for warehousing, cold chain, ports, yards and specialized modular applications.
- Designed to increase workforce efficiency and maximize warehouse productivity, Motorola’s ultra-rugged VC70N0 lift truck-mounted mobile computer enables real-time data access and collection in a wide range of environments — from the dock and warehouse to the freezer.
- With a new compact design that includes a large and bright display and flexible keyboard options, the VC70N0 helps improve inventory visibility and reduces errors in warehouses, cold storage, yards, intermodal terminals and seaports and also offers plug-and-play data capture capability with the long-range 2D DS3500-ER line of industrial barcode scanners.
- Motorola’s rugged WT41N0 hands-free, multi-modal wearable mobile computer for voice-directed applications offers real-time access to inventory and supply chain information – improving productivity, accuracy and decision-making at the point of work. For scan- intensive applications, the WT41N0 can be paired with Motorola’s RS419 1D-cabled ring scanner or RS507 Bluetooth® 2D ring imager for cordless connectivity.
- The ergonomic WT41N0 wearable mobile computer provides a flexible mobile computing platform supporting text- or voice-based picking and put-away applications that can increase efficiency by improving visibility into inventory levels and responses to incoming orders across a variety of industries.
- The VC70N0 and WT41N0 offer the long lifecycle and interoperability that businesses depend on as they look to manage the technical risks of their business-critical warehouse investments.
- Both the WT41N0 and the VC70N0 are the first devices in their respective class to support RhoElements – Motorola’s HTML5-based application development framework that creates applications that look and behave the same on any device.
- Motorola’s WT41N0 wearable mobile computer and VC70N0 are available with the Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage program, providing coverage for normal wear and tear and accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses. In addition, the On Site System Support Service allows for the initiation of an onsite service visit from a highly qualified technician whose goal is to complete the repair on the first visit.
Mark Wheeler, director of Warehouse Solutions, Motorola Solutions“Warehouses and distribution centers are the most critical inflection points in the supply chain, where fluctuations in inbound shipments and outbound demands come to a head. With Motorola Solutions’ warehouse and distribution technology, employees have access to the right devices and complimentary mobile solutions that assist them in doing their job most efficiently and helping ensure they contribute to inspiring customer demand through consistent flawless fulfillment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV