For the first six months ended September 29, 2012:
- Total revenue for the first six months increased 73% to $947.8 million from $548.7 million in the same period of fiscal 2012.
- Retail net sales increased 79% to $457.3 million driven by a 41.3% increase in comparable store sales and 66 new store openings since the end of the second quarter last year. Wholesale net sales increased 71% to $453.2 million and licensing revenue increased 31% to $37.4 million.
- Gross profit for the first six months increased 82% to $566.9 million, and as a percentage of total revenue increased to 59.8% as compared to 56.9% in the same period of fiscal 2012.
- Income from operations for the first six months was $269.9 million and as a percentage of total revenue was 28.5%. For the same period of fiscal 2012, income from operations was $104.3 million and included a $10.7 million charge related to the employee share option redemption associated with our private placement. Excluding this amount, income from operations was $114.9 million, or 21.0% as a percentage of total revenue in fiscal 2012.
- Net income for the first six months was $166.5 million, or $0.83 per diluted share, based on 199.8 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Net income for the first six months of fiscal 2012 was $64.7 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, based on 183.4 million weighted average diluted shares outstanding. Excluding the aforementioned charge, net income for the first six months of fiscal 2012 was $71.3 million, or $0.39 per diluted share.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2013, the Company expects total revenue to be in the range of $525 million to $535 million. This assumes a mid-twenty percent comparable store sales increase. Diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $0.37 to $0.39 for the third quarter of fiscal 2013. This assumes 202 million diluted weighted average shares outstanding and a 38% tax rate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV