Survey: Biz Owners Stayed Cautious Before Election
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Small business owners remained cautious in October as they awaited the outcome of the presidential election.
That's the finding of the National Federation of Independent Business, which Tuesday released the results of a monthly survey of its members. It showed little change from September's results.
The NFIB's index of owner optimism rose 0.3 point to 93.1. It has fluctuated in a narrow range since the recession officially ended in June 2009.
The survey shows that owners grew more uncertain about how business will be six months from now. It also shows that hiring plans were unchanged: Just 4 percent of those surveyed planned to hire.The survey was completed a week before the election. November's survey is likely to show whether the election results lifted owners' optimism.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV