- Tim Hortons new Paninis grillin' to fill the lunchtime void -
OAKVILLE, ON, Nov. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - Brown-bag boredom is the biggest reason. Men want a hot meal, women want to satisfy their lunchtime cravings and everyone wants it as quick as possible. When it comes to lunch, these are just some of the top reasons why Canadians choose to go out to eat, according to a new poll conducted by Ipsos Loyalty on behalf of Tim Hortons who have just launched their new grilled Panini sandwiches.
The poll showed that many Canadians use their allotted lunch time as a midday catch-up, with 30 per cent of the respondents saying they like to socialize with friends and colleagues over a quick noon-time bite. The Ipsos findings revealed the following:
- Nearly 40 per cent of Canadians eat out for lunch in a given month
- Forty-seven per cent of those who bring their lunch at least sometimes wished they had gone out to eat instead and nearly 20%percent actually do ditch their brown bag and eat out instead
- Sixty per cent are in search of a hot lunch, with men ranking this as 10 percent more important than women
- Women (44%) are nearly 10 per cent more likely than men (35%) to head out for lunch in order to satisfy a craving
- Two-thirds (68%) of those who eat out are hustling to eat in thirty minutes or less
The study among Canadians from coast-to-coast was commissioned as part of Tim Hortons' launch of its new Grilled Panini sandwiches. Widely introduced over the past three months throughout Tim Hortons' restaurants, there are five Panini varieties: Tuscan Chicken, Chipotle Turkey, Smoked Ham & Cheese and Bacon, Tomato & Cheese all $5.29 and Grilled Cheese at $3.99."We found the survey results really interesting in that it confirmed people are indeed time-starved and are looking for a hot and hearty lunch, something that is beyond the ordinary," explains Donna Finelli, Vice President Food Marketing, Tim Hortons. "That is why we introduced Tim Hortons new grilled Panini sandwiches." The new sandwiches are made fresh and pressed to order, to deliver on Canadians' need for a quick and satisfying lunch. "Since the launch, our Tuscan Chicken Panini has become one of our top selling sandwiches," said Finelli. "Our guests have told us they love that it is made fresh and pressed to order in minutes. They feel they can either sit down or grab one on the run and still really enjoy it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV