WebMediaBrands’ Inside Network Research Findings -- Developers Must Look Beyond App Store Promotion To Drive Mobile Game Downloads
WebMediaBrands Inc.’s (Nasdaq: WEBM) Inside Network, the leader in tracking application performance and market trends across social and mobile platforms, today announced the publication of the first report in the recently launched Mobile App Research Service (MARS). MARS monthly reports help companies capitalize on the growing app economy by providing insight into user and developer trends in specific mobile app genres.
The report, “Mobile Games: Driving Discovery,” examines mobile game user behaviors such as game acquisition frequency versus playing frequency, genre loyalty, and motivations for game purchases. It concludes that developers must do more to focus on drivers beyond those in the app store. According to the report, more consumers (23 percent) cite recommendations from the media and friends as download influencers than such app store features as reviews (19 percent) and screenshots or video (10 percent).
“App stores have become the central hub for acquiring new mobile apps, but they are not necessarily a destination that consumers visit frequently,” said report author Ross Rubin, research director for Inside Network. “Generating social media buzz, viral marketing, and more traditional word-of-mouth and reviews from publications can factor in rising above the clutter.“
- MobileAppResearchService (MARS) is our monthly mobile app research report package. These original reports provide insight into user and developer trends in specific mobile app genres, and also explore broader implications for the mobile ecosystem as a whole. Quarterly research analysis webinars are hosted for annual MARS subscribers. Clients also have access to up to 10 analyst calls per year to discuss research report topics. MARS research is led by veteran industry analyst and Inside Network research director Ross Rubin.
- SocialAppResearchService (SOARS) is our monthly social app research report package. These original reports provide insight into user and developer trends in specific social app genres, and also explore broader implications for the social ecosystem as a whole. Quarterly research analysis webinars are hosted for annual SOARS subscribers. Clients also have access to up to 10 analyst calls per year to discuss research report topics. SOARS research is led by veteran industry analyst Billy Pidgeon
- AppData is the top independent service tracking traffic and trends for Facebook and mobile applications. AppData provides performance data for specific apps and developers, historical metrics, and detailed market and audience information.
- PageData is an independent service that tracks user interaction and engagement data for Facebook Pages. PageData provides stats on historical Likes, People Talking About This, Post Likes, Comments, and Shares.
- The Facebook Marketing Bible is an ever-expanding guidebook for marketers, advertisers, and entrepreneurs who want to learn how to make the most of Facebook to increase reach and conversions.
- GPlusData is a comprehensive service that tracks trends and statistics for Google+ People and Pages. Discover which individuals and brands are most engaging, most followed, and experiencing the most growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV