SCS Showcases Certified Green Building Products, Leads Forest Tour, And Sponsors Educational Events During Greenbuild 2012 In San Francisco
EMERYVILLE, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bay Area-based SCS Global Services (SCS), a veteran third-party certifier of environmental and sustainability performance, is showcasing a wide range of certified green building products in its booth at the U.S. Green Building Council Greenbuild 2012 conference in San Francisco. SCS will also lead conference attendees on an insider's tour of a certified forest in nearby Santa Cruz County later this week.
SCS' booth (#4269N) is constructed from materials and furnishings that have earned independent certification under one or more environmental categories, including BIFMA level®, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified Responsible Forestry and Chain of Custody, Indoor Advantage and Indoor Advantage Gold (indoor air quality), FloorScore®, and Recycled Content. These products include:
- 3-Form – 3form Varia Ecoresin® Product System – Certified Recycled Content
- Capri Cork – Cable Mediterra Cork Tile – Floorscore® Certified
- Coalesse/Steelcase – Enea Lottus Post Stool – BIFMA level 2 certified, Certified Indoor Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Gunlocke/HNI – Tapas Table – Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Gunlocke/HNI – Ciji Chair – BIFMA level 2 certified, Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Kelly Moore Paints – Enviro-Coat Zero VOC paint – Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- PlyVeneer lumber – FSC-certified
- Steelcase – Move Task Chair – BIFMA level 2 certified, certified Indoor Advantage Gold
- Tennsco – Z Line Shelving – Certified Indoor Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
"SCS is excited to welcome the green building community to the Bay Area," said Dr. Stanley Rhodes, President of SCS. "We are pleased to be able to feature some of the pioneers of the green building movement in our booth."In addition, SCS is sponsoring several events at Greenbuild throughout the week, including:
- Wednesday, 11:30 AM – BIFMA representatives will be providing details about the updated level standard at SCS' booth.
- Wednesday, 1:00 PM – An introduction by B Corporation and certified B Corp SCS at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 11:30 AM – Dr. Robert J. Hrubes of SCS will present on FSC Project Certification at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 1:00 PM – A representative of Ceramics of Italy (Confindustria Ceramica), traveling as part of the Italian Trade Commission delegation, will be discussing global ecolabeling and Green Squared from a European perspective at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 6:00 PM – SCS joins other Certified B Corporations in cohosting an open-bar networking reception at the Hub SF, Thursday, (RSVPs required).
- Saturday, 8:00 AM – SCS is hosting a scenic tour of Big Creek Lumber Company forest and lumber mill in Santa Cruz County. Big Creek earned certification from SCS under the Forest Stewardship Council's (FSC) standard for responsible forestry. The LEED system awards credits to projects that use FSC-certified lumber.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV