Nov. 13, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Bay Area-based SCS Global Services (SCS), a veteran third-party certifier of environmental and sustainability performance, is showcasing a wide range of certified green building products in its booth at the U.S. Green Building Council Greenbuild 2012 conference in San Francisco. SCS will also lead conference attendees on an insider's tour of a certified forest in nearby
Santa Cruz County
later this week.
SCS' booth (#4269N) is constructed from materials and furnishings that have earned independent certification under one or more environmental categories, including BIFMA level®, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified Responsible Forestry and Chain of Custody, Indoor Advantage and Indoor Advantage Gold (indoor air quality), FloorScore®, and Recycled Content. These products include:
- 3-Form – 3form Varia Ecoresin® Product System – Certified Recycled Content
- Capri Cork – Cable Mediterra Cork Tile – Floorscore® Certified
- Coalesse/Steelcase – Enea Lottus Post Stool – BIFMA level 2 certified, Certified Indoor Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Gunlocke/HNI – Tapas Table – Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Gunlocke/HNI – Ciji Chair – BIFMA level 2 certified, Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- Kelly Moore Paints – Enviro-Coat Zero VOC paint – Certified Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
- PlyVeneer lumber – FSC-certified
- Steelcase – Move Task Chair – BIFMA level 2 certified, certified Indoor Advantage Gold
- Tennsco – Z Line Shelving – Certified Indoor Air Quality - Indoor Advantage Gold
"SCS is excited to welcome the green building community to the Bay Area," said Dr.
, President of SCS. "We are pleased to be able to feature some of the pioneers of the green building movement in our booth."
In addition, SCS is sponsoring several events at Greenbuild throughout the week, including:
- Wednesday, 11:30 AM – BIFMA representatives will be providing details about the updated level standard at SCS' booth.
- Wednesday, 1:00 PM – An introduction by B Corporation and certified B Corp SCS at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 11:30 AM – Dr. Robert J. Hrubes of SCS will present on FSC Project Certification at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 1:00 PM – A representative of Ceramics of Italy (Confindustria Ceramica), traveling as part of the Italian Trade Commission delegation, will be discussing global ecolabeling and Green Squared from a European perspective at the SCS booth.
- Thursday, 6:00 PM – SCS joins other Certified B Corporations in cohosting an open-bar networking reception at the Hub SF, Thursday, (RSVPs required).
- Saturday, 8:00 AM – SCS is hosting a scenic tour of Big Creek Lumber Company forest and lumber mill in Santa Cruz County. Big Creek earned certification from SCS under the Forest Stewardship Council's (FSC) standard for responsible forestry. The LEED system awards credits to projects that use FSC-certified lumber.
"Big Creek Lumber is a great example of the type of business that makes the Bay Area a leader in sustainability," said Dr.
Robert J. Hrubes
, Executive Vice President of SCS. "Our goal in leading this tour is to show green building professionals how their choices make a direct impact on the environment." Although the tour was sold-out in advance, interested parties may inquire about last-minute openings.
SCS' full suite of certification and validation programs also include: GreenSquared™ for the tile industry; Environmentally Preferable Products; CARB ATCM 93120 for composite wood products; Certified Responsible Source textiles and precious metals; Certified Sustainable Choice for carpets (ANSI/NSF-140) and fabrics (ANSI/NSF-336); and Life Cycle Assessment based certifications.