Pattison Outdoor Invests In A Green Future
TORONTO, Nov. 13, 2012 /CNW/ - Pattison Outdoor announced the success of the complete overhaul of their lighting system infrastructure. Over the past 6 month period, a total of 7,800 outdoor billboards were converted to new energy efficient LED light fixtures.
The project was designed to coincide with the shorter days of the fall and winter when boards are illuminated for longer periods of time.
"By converting the boards to LED's, we have lowered our electrical consumption by 66%," says Randy Otto, President - Pattison Outdoor. Steve McGregor VP Operations adds, "We are constantly researching environmentally friendly alternatives and innovative technologies to minimize the impact on the environment in the neighbourhoods we operate in."
Previously, the Holophane fixtures consumed approximately 2,000 kwh per year while the new LED fixtures will consume approximately 580 kwh per year. This will reduce Pattison's overall energy consumption by over 11,100,000 kwh per year the equivalent to taking 931 homes "off the grid" each year.Pattison Outdoor Advertising is Canada's largest outdoor, transit and digital advertising company with 25 sales offices coast to coast. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Pattison Outdoor is a division of The Jim Pattison Group. www.pattisonoutdoor.com SOURCE Pattison Outdoor Advertising Image with caption: "Pattison Outdoor Invests in a Green Future (CNW Group/Pattison Outdoor Advertising)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121113_C7176_PHOTO_EN_20527.jpg
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV