Industry's Smallest DC-to-DC Converters Incorporate ADI's IsoPower(R) Power Isolation Technology, Shrinking Board Space By 75 Percent Compared To Competing Solutions. (Graphic: Business Wire)
Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal-processing applications and a pioneer in digital isolator technology, today introduced the industry’s smallest isolated DC-to-DC converters. The ADuM5010, ADuM6010, ADuM521x and ADuM621x use ADI’s proprietary isoPower® isolated DC-to-DC converter technology to deliver 150 mW of output power while using less board space than competing module-based solutions. The ADuM521x and ADuM621x also integrate two channels of ADI’s award winning iCoupler® data isolation technology to reduce board space by up to 75 percent compared to optocoupler-based alternatives. The converters expand ADI’s isolated power portfolio by providing designers with a compact, easy-to-implement, cost-effective approach to meeting both isolated power and data requirements. The combination of size and output power also addresses the growing space and power constraints engineers must consider when designing control systems, test and measurement equipment, power supplies, motor drives, and other industrial and instrumentation applications.
- View product page, download data sheet and order samples: http://www.analog.com/isopower.
- Register for the Jan. 23, 2013 Avnet co-sponsored Webcast, “Isolated Interface Solutions for Industrial Sensor and Monitoring Applications:” http://seminar2.techonline.com/s/adi_jan2313.
- Learn more about ADI’s digital isolation technology: http://www.analog.com/en/interface-isolation/digital-isolators/products/index.html.
- View discussions and FAQs on Analog Devices’ interface and products on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/interface-isolation.
“This new line of isoPower DC-to-DC converters delivers an excellent balance between power and size that will allow customers to design more functionality and efficiency into smaller form factors while continuing to minimize system cost,” said David Krakauer, product line manager, iCoupler Digital Isolator Products, Analog Devices. “ADI’s collaborative approach, design support and system-level knowledge help our customers take full advantage of our power isolation technology.”
All of the new DC-to-DC converters provide regulated, isolated power, adjustable between 3.15 V and 5.25 V. The ADuM5010 and ADuM521x are certified for 2.5-kV rms (1-minute) isolation, while the ADuM6010 and ADuM621x are certified for 3.75-kV rms (1-minute) isolation with further certification for reinforced insulation per VDE 0884-10. By incorporating ADI’s iCoupler digital isolator technology, the ADuM521x and ADuM621x reduce component count and simplify and improve design speed, reliability, and efficiency by eliminating the need for optocouplers. Quad-channel versions of these products using ADI’s smaller, lower cost isoPower technology are forthcoming.
Isolated DC-to-DC Converters Reduce System Development TimeAnalog Devices pre-certifies its converter modules to help designers reduce system development time, unlike multi-component discrete DC-to-DC converters, which require that designers undertake the costly and time consuming process of individually certifying a dozen or more parts. Additionally, ADI’s isolated DC-to-DC converter modules require no added components aside from two bypass capacitors, easing design complexity and reducing time to market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV