Today at the electronica 2012 trade show, Munich, Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) introduced an FPGA mezzanine card (FMC) that incorporates JEDEC JESD204B SerDes (serializer/de-serializer) technology to allow digital and analog designers to simplify high-speed data converter-to-FPGA connectivity. Watch this 90 second video to see how easy and fast prototyping with ADI JESD204B data converters and Xilinx Inc. FPGA platforms can be: http://videos.analog.com/video/1907547501001/Rapid-Prototyping-with-JESD204B-using-FMC-and-Xilinx-FPGAs/.
The FMC176 is a 14-bit, 250-MSPS, A/D converter FMC that supports JESD204B Subclass 1 deterministic latency, providing the connectivity and functionality to quickly combine with Xilinx’s Kintex-7 and Virtex-7 FPGA platforms in a variety of compute-intensive FPGA-based applications. It also features two Analog Devices AD9129 14-bit RF D/A converters to support high-speed communications applications with up to 5.6-GSPS throughput.
- Learn more about the FMC176, for information and ordering from Avnet Inc.: http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/4DSP-FMC176.aspx
- Find more about the AD9250 A/D Data Converter: http://www.analog.com/AD9250
- Find more about the AD9129 D/A Data Converter: http://www.analog.com/AD9129
- Get questions answered by ADI engineers on EngineerZone™, ADI’s online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/fpga
“Designing multi-channel medical equipment or multi-standard, multi-carrier base stations means that today’s engineering requirements are increasingly governed by the need for higher speed and resolution,” said Raj Seelam, director of marketing at Xilinx. “By collaborating with Analog Devices, we’re not only addressing our customers’ high-speed signal processing needs, we’re supporting easy-to-use, board-level development platforms that deliver out-of-the-box, direct connectivity between Xilinx FPGAs and ADI’s high-speed converters.”
About The FMC176 JESD204B FPGA Mezzanine CardThe FMC176 features two AD9250, dual-channel, 14-bit, 250-MSPS A/D converters with JESD204B-compatible serial output data interface and two AD9129 dual 16-bit 5.6-GSPS RF D/A converters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV