Synutra International Inc. Stock Downgraded (SYUT)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Personal Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 618.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.53 million to -$44.19 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 8.09 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, SYUT has a quick ratio of 0.64, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Personal Products industry and the overall market, SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SYNUTRA INTERNATIONAL INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.40%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -66.80% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 41.78%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 613.33% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
FREE for a limited time only: Get TheStreet Ratings #1 Stock Report NOW!.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.