November 13, 2012
Allot Communications Ltd
. (NASDAQ, TASE:
), a leading supplier of service optimization and revenue generation solutions for fixed and mobile broadband service providers worldwide, today announced the launch of Allot VideoClass. Based on a best-of-breed product by recently acquired Ortiva, this application-aware video optimization solution enables mobile service providers to significantly improve the quality and efficiency of over-the-top (OTT) video delivery. By providing a consistently high quality OTT video experience to subscribers, the product creates new revenue opportunities through service packages designed specifically for video consumers while reducing costs through bandwidth savings.
Allot VideoClass employs optimization techniques that enable service providers to:
- Reduce the load on RAN and backhaul bandwidth by 30-50%.
- Reduce capital and operating expenditure.
- Prevent video stalls and buffering for a consistently great OTT video experience - even under highly variable and unpredictable network conditions.
- Create new revenue opportunities through service packages designed for video consumers.
- Gain insight into consumer behavior through detailed analytics on video usage.
"The launch of Allot VideoClass is an integral part of Allot video strategies for fixed and mobile data service providers", says
VP Product Management & Marketing
. "Our aim is to help service providers secure and expand their place in the OTT value chain by providing a comprehensive array of video-centric solutions integrated with a convergent and scalable DPI network platform - Allot Service Gateway."
Integration with Allot Service Gateway reduces total cost of ownership by making deployment of video optimization easier and more cost-effective. The converged DPI platform simplifies management, reduces redundant components and provides a single point of integration to operator policy, charging and analytics entities. Single vendor responsibility eases integration and implementation, accelerating time to revenue and return on investment.